Saturday, May 4, 2013

Math Conference

This past week, I was able to attend the Green Lake Mathematics Conference in Greenlake, Wisconsin. This is an annual conference that brings presenters from around the nation to Wisconsin to present and share their ideas on mathematics in the classroom. I attended several different sessions that varied in their content. The first one I attended was one that helped integrate the use of the iPad into the classroom. The presenter gave many ideas on how to connect the students with the iPad, as well as, many different apps that they use to present their material. The session that I attended, was put on by three presenters that opened a charter school in the Waukesha School District. They have a very different teaching style then what many schools are used to. Their school is very student based that uses the STEM program as it's main basis for learning. The last session that I attended was put on by a presenter from Atlanta, Georgia that works with school districts all over the nation. The presenter gave a very in-depth look at the RTI programs that are being inserted into schools all over the country. I really enjoyed this conference and learned some new skills and techniques. It gave me a chance see other techniques and build up my knowledge on what other mathematics teachers are doing around the state and country.

No comments:

Post a Comment