Thursday, January 23, 2014

Long Time No Post

It has been a while since I've posted something, but here are a few observations and thoughts from the past semester. It's been quite a roller coaster of a time trying to figure out everything that goes on in the high school. One thing that has surprised me over the course of the time I've been here, is that the students seem to amaze me more and more everyday. They do/say things that are absolutely amazing and really make it an interesting day. I've enjoyed getting to know the students and see what's going on in their lives. Talking with other teachers and hearing their reactions is always quite comical.

Being the new guy in the math department, I've been trying out a lot of different ideas and techniques on how to make my classes run smoother, not only for the students, but for myself as well. I'm learning a lot about how to stay organized and becoming more organized which is helping my progress. I know that there is still room to improve and I hope to improve my classroom throughout the course of next semester.

Someone sent me an interesting article the other day about parenting and how today's society is shaped. I can't comment on a lot of what the article said since I'm not a parent, but reflect upon my childhood growing up and the lifestyle that my parents helped me achieve through their parenting skills. I'm thankful for what they have shown me and for what they have let me experience.  It's amazing how much someone can grow on their own without the guidance of a parent, but know that their parent is still there just in case something happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment