Sunday, March 29, 2015

There are two types of people in this world, those who are amazed and those who are amazing

In my last couple posts, I've talked about being unmotivated to do a lot and had a hard time moving forward in things I wanted to do. I sat down with one of my best friends and he made it clear to me as what I need to do in order to accomplish this things I feel are important in my life. I handed out an award to a student the other night for doing the right things in life. Although his parents weren't able to attend the award ceremony, his parents came to conference night and I told them exactly how I felt about their son and spent most of the conference praising them. About half way through the conference, his mother blurts out... "[he] is an inspiration to me. He gets up goes to church every Sunday, and motivates me to keep working hard in my life."

Not only do I think very highly of this student but I figured out what makes him so great. He has found that internal motivation and drive to make himself better on a daily basis and is now spreading that to try and motivate/inspire others around him. We share a very special bond of listening to motivational speeches with one phrase that sticks out more than any other... "when you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." All this student wants to do is breathe.

I'm trying to get to this point in my life on a daily basis. I have found what I'm passionate about and know that having that motivation will come more frequently. Many people love their comfort zone too much, they love their security zone. In order to be a better person, brother/sister, mom/dad, teacher/student, firefighter, etc. we can stay where we are or fight to breathe in order to be successful. The motivation that I wake up to everyday is this... there are two types of people in this world, those who are amazed and those who are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment