Friday, February 15, 2013

Review Preview


This week was definitely a crazy week and I would like to thank the students for giving me the opportunity to teach full time for part of the week. I learned a lot from this experience and took away many positives and negatives from it. I know that for some classes, having me up there teaching was very different. I would like to thank you all again for participating in class discussions, asking/answering questions, and staying focused while Mrs. Braun was gone for those couple of days. 

The students have recently been introduced to algebra tiles. Over the past week or so that students been using these tiles to create, set-up, and solve a variety of algebraic expressions. We talked briefly about different values of what “x” could possibly be for when we set-up our expressions. I like seeing the connections that the students are making from setting up the tiles and solving to writing the expressions and solving them on paper. The book uses these tiles throughout the rest of the year and I’m happy to see many students understand how to use them and to use them appropriately.

*Please note that there is a chapter test coming up next week. This test will cover proportions, the use of algebra tiles, and a few other ideas from chapter 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment