Monday, March 18, 2013

Motivation

What motivates you to do well in school? Is it some type of reward from a parent, grandparent, aunt/uncle? Is this reward in the form of money, clothes, shoes? Or is your motivation to get good grades or are you motivated by the satisfaction you see in your work when the teacher hands back an assignment? Some people are very goal orientated and driven people to do their very best at everything they do. No matter the task, whether it is learning a math concept or building a homemade desk, these people want to put forth every ounce of effort possible. I have seen some of this motivation be increased in several students over the past few weeks at Maplewood. I have seen in specifically in those who are attempting to get all of their homework/corrections to 70%. I know that at times that this may seem like an uphill battle, but there has to be something that is motivating these students to get all of the assignments in.

It takes a lot of hard work and effort to live up to the expectations that we have set for ourselves. There might be other people in our lives that are pushing and helping us to reach these goals, but the goals can be accomplished. For me, my motivation has changed over the past several years. It used to be many outside sources from my parents and other people.  Since I have come to college and now being in a classroom everyday, I realize what truly motivates me everyday. Knowing that I am helping others become educated and giving them the opportunity to further educate themselves really pushes me to do my very best everyday. I also want to do my very best everyday that I come to school. The old clique saying "giving your best effort is all anyone can ever ask for" has become my motivation and driving force to where I am today. I try my best to help as many students as I can and try to help them understand the material. It's that "ah-ha" moment of learning kids experience that motivates me to keep doing my best and know they are succeeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment