Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Appealing to Different Learning Styles

Since I was helping out another teacher yesterday, I got filled in on a play that took part in Mr. Wittman's classroom. I've heard nothing but excellent things about the stories and events that come from the "Time Machine." From what I heard, it sounded like a very unique, one-of-a-kind learning experience that weaved a lot of historical information into it. After hearing all about this play and learning/teaching strategy, this made me reflect on some of the past lessons and future lessons that I have and will be teaching. It has inspired me to do more memorable things in the classroom. I know that if I were an 8th grade student and saw material being presented like this, I would remember it forever. I want to start creating those types of learning experiences as well. By having me stand up and the board or working out of the textbook can be very boring and unenthusiastic, I'm looking to the students to help enhance class.

I want students to come to me after lessons and give me ideas on how I could make the material more appealing to them. Whether this is an educational game, movie clip, using some type of objects, or many other ideas, I want to hear them! I want to be able to create as many learning experiences for future students and have them be engaged in math. Please help me create a more interactive learning environment!

No comments:

Post a Comment