Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Time Thus Far

I have been at Maplewood for about two months now and have had some time to reflect on how my experience is going so far. It's hard for me to believe that I have been here this long already. It seems like my first day was only a couple of days ago. Everyday that I come to school, I experience something new. Whether it's been rolling a giant die, tutoring after school, or having a student(s) give me feedback on what I need to improve on, I have really enjoyed all of this. I have learned a lot about all of the students and their abilities. I have also enjoyed getting to know all of the staff members at Maplewood. They have created a very positive learning environment for the students. The staff has also made me feel extremely welcome and have made my student teaching very memorable. In the classroom, I have learned a lot about the new curriculum and my teaching style. I have realized that what my teaching style is and what needs to be improved on it. Having students give me feedback on how I teach and what I need to work on has been the most valuable type of feedback for me. Whether it is good or bad, I do appreciate all of the feedback that I have been given. I have some very memorable and "teachable" moments that I have encountered and will never forget. I hope to experience more of these things after Spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment